Town halls scheduled for January in each county, online
The Delaware Department of Education is seeking public input on its ESEA Flexibility waiver renewal application.
The U.S. Department of Education has offered states the opportunity to apply for renewed flexibility from specific requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA Flexibility). To receive renewal states must describe their plans to meet core principles in four major areas:
1. College- and career-ready expectations for all students
2. Differentiated recognition, accountability and support systems for schools and districts
3. Supporting effective instruction and leadership
4. Reducing duplication and unnecessary burden
The Delaware Department of Education received an ESEA Flexibility waiver in 2012 for two years through the end of the 2013-14 school year and a one-year extension earlier this year that is valid through the end of the 2014-15 school year. Information about the approved waiver and extension may be found athttp://dedoe.schoolwires.net/Page/330.
The town halls are scheduled for:
- 4 to 5 p.m., Friday, January 9online
- 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, January 14 at the Carvel Building 2nd Floor auditorium, 820 N. French St. in Wilmington
- 6 to 7 p.m., Thursday, January 15at the William Henry Middle School auditorium, 65 Carver Road in Dover
- 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, January 21 online
- 6 to 7 p.m., Thursday, January 22at the Woodbridge High School auditorium, 14712 Woodbridge Road in Greenwood
Information about how to join the online town halls and presentation materials will be available shortly athttp://dedoe.schoolwires.net/Page/1801.