The goal of the Delaware PTA State legislative program is to carry out our legislative mission statement.
Our Mission: To impact policy that benefits children by collaborating with decision makers on the development and implementation of legislative policies and initiatives in the areas of education, public school funding, school safety, food security, social justice, health and wellness and the judicial representation of Delaware’s youth.
Delaware PTA’s legislative efforts will be consistent with the purposes of the mission and values of Delaware PTA and shall include stewardship of legislation through the regulatory and policy implementation process.
Our legislative priorities are voted on each year by the Board of Directors and approved by the voting body at the annual state convention. In doing so, our membership has tasked Delaware PTA state leadership and the Delaware PTA Legislative Committee to act on their behalf in:
- creating, reviewing and providing commentary on matters of education policy, regulations and other such proposals and legislative initiatives;
- develop position statements and resolutions relative to the aforementioned matters of education; mobilize membership and the larger community in the support of the legislative priorities;
- provide representation on state, district and/or school task force, working groups and committees;
- educate the membership on legislative issues via training, meetings (in-person or virtual), printed materials, social media and utilization of PTA Takes Action Network and the grassroots advocacy tool Voter Voice
- solicit input from Delaware PTA membership on policy issues that impact the well-being and education of the children and youth of Delaware.
2015- 16 Delaware PTA Legislative Priorities
All legislative priorities that are not met are carried over to the next year.
If you are interesting in joining our Advocacy Committee to advocate for any of these priorities, please contact email@example.com