Delaware PTA is proud to offer three separate scholarship opportunities. The applicant must be a Delaware resident (who also attends a high school in the state of Delaware), and who will be matriculating into a two- or four-year college/university in the 2018-19 school year. The number and amount of scholarships awarded each year depend on proceeds of Delaware PTA projects, donations, and functions.
Debbie King Scholarship – Applicant must be a graduating senior pursuing a 2 or 4-year degree in Early Childhood Education at any accredited college or university. Award amounts up to $1000.00
Betty Lewis Scholarship – Applicant must be a graduating senior pursuing a 2 or 4-year degree in Education at any accredited college or university. Award amounts up to $1000.00
Delaware VIP Scholarship– Applicant must be a graduating senior pursuing a 2 or 4-year degree at an accredited college or university. Award amounts to $1000.00
Application Period: January 1, 2020-
March 31, 2020 Extended to June 15, 2020
NOTE: applications received outside of the application period will not be considered
The deadline for application submission is June 15, 2020
- Available to students pursuing a career in education, early childhood education or any 2 or 4-year college/university
- Must attend a school with an active PTA or PTSA in good standing or be a Delaware PTA VIP member (delawarepta.org/join-pta-today/).
- Maintain an average of 2.5 or better
- Plan to pursue a career in Education or Early Childhood Education
- Reside in Delaware and graduate from a Delaware public high school
- Preference will be given to a student entering a Delaware college or university in September following the date of application for the scholarship
- Must provide a copy of the college acceptance letter
- Must provide evidence of financial need and/or academic achievement
If you’re not yet a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to contact us and join today!
For general questions about these scholarships, please contact email@example.com