April 28, 2015 10 AM to 3 PM
Join us for a day at Legislative Hall in Dover, DE
Delaware PTA invites you to join us for a day of advocacy! Come learn about grassroots advocacy and engaging local parent leaders and increasing family engagement in your schools. Discover Delaware PTA’s 2015 Legislative Priorities and how to promote them in your local units and school community. There will be a workshop on the new state assessment ( SBAC) and parent opt out. Enjoy lunch with your legislator, take a tour of Legislative Hall and attend a joint house and senate education meeting. Grassroots advocacy is the core of PTA’s legacy! Learn how to get involved and demonstrate your power as parent/teacher advocates.
There is no cost to register, but we ask that you RSVP
- An agenda will be emailed out to all registrants two days before the event.
- We will meet on the steps of Legislative Hall at 9:45 am
- You must bring a picture ID to enter Legislative Hall
Preliminary Agenda10:00 AM– Senate Caucus Room Workshops Include:
- Engaging local leaders in advocacy
- Assessments and Parent Opt Out
- How our schools are funded
Questions? Please Contact: Yvonne Johnson 302-753-7107 firstname.lastname@example.org