Welcome to 2015. As your unit moves forward in the New Year, don’t forget to take advantage of the wide selection of online learning courses available to you as a PTA member. The completion time ranges from 20 – 40 minutes and can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
National PTA E-Learning courses allow you to gain the knowledge and skills needed to effectively serve your community. Check out the full course offerings listed below.
A. PTA Essentials
1.PTA Basics: Discover PTA’s history, structure, programs, and the issues for which it advocates.
2.Effective Advocacy for Your Child: Organize around local issues and address them to benefit the needs of children and your community.
3. National Standards for Family School Partnerships: Explore how the National Standards for Family School Partnerships creates a framework for engaging families in meaningful ways to support student success.
B. PTA Nuts and Bolts Series
- Board Basics: Learn the basic governance structures behind most PTA units.
- Conceptos básicos para las juntas (Board Basics in Spanish): Aprenda las estructuras básicas de gobernación detrás de la mayoría de las unidades de la PTA. ¡NUEVO!
- Local Unit President: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA president. NEW!
- Local Unit Secretary: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA secretary. NEW!
- Local Unit Treasurer: This course is an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the local unit PTA treasurer. NEW!
C. Leadership Enhancement
- Creating and Delivering a Speech: Improve your public speaking skills.
- Cultural Competency: Learn cultural awareness and how to build relationships across cultural groups.
- Ethical Leadership: Learn how to accomplish your goals with fairness and integrity.
- Parliamentary Procedure: This course will teach you how rules of conduct positively affect PTA decision-making, while ensuring fair and orderly unit operations.
- Planning Your PTA Year: Learn to keep volunteers motivated by putting an achievable plan together for the year.
- Preventing Theft in Your PTA: This course will teach you how to detect theft in your unit and what to do if you suspect it is happening.
- Running a Successful Program: Learn the steps for taking a program idea from concept to reality.
- Writing and Proposing PTA Resolutions: practical advice make the resolution development and proposal process easy.