As the school year closes, most of you have either completed or are in the process of completing your board elections for the 2015-16 school year. Start those new board members off right by ensuring that they have the information that they need!
- Check out National PTA’s Transition Checklist at http://www.pta.org/members/content.cfm?ItemNumber=2511.
- Be sure to turn over your information from this year, and make every effort for the incumbents to sit down with the incoming board members to go over the school-specific information and let them know what you’ve done so that they know what works and where your recommendations for change lie.
- National PTA has an online back to school kit that has a lot of training and information for new board members that can make the transition process easier! You can access the kit at http://www.ptakit.org/ . Any updates to the kit should be posted after July 2015
- There are also a variety of e-learning courses available at http://pta.org/members/content.cfm?ItemNumber=3090.
- Be sure to send your updated 2015-16 Board Roster to email@example.com soon as possible so that your incoming board members will be receiving the emails and information that they need. Please use The New Officers Reporting Form to send in your updated roster even if your officers have not changed.
- Finally, make sure your incoming board members register for one of our upcoming Leadership Training sessions for new leaders. This is a valuable training available for your new board members, as well as brainstorming and best practices sessions where attendees can share their great ideas and develop new strategies for success. Our first training is June 2 at 5:45pm at the state office. ALL new officers should make every attempt to attend one of our training sessions.
Check out our calendar at www.delawarepta.org for Leadership Training dates, times and locations.
If you have any questions, you can contact your Region VP or Delaware PTA directly!