School Board Elections: Tomorrow May 13th
POLLS ARE OPEN FROM 10:00AM – 8:00PM
FIND POLLIING LOCATIONS IN YOUR AREA
Partnership, teamwork and cooperation. These are the building blocks of education leadership today. Nowhere is the partnership more urgently needed than between school boards and parents.
School boards are responsible for taking the lead in identifying the community’s education needs and meeting those needs through local school policy. School boards are legally responsible for:
- Policy Making in all areas of school programs & functions;
- Choosing & evaluating the superintendent and approving selection procedures for other personnel;
- Overseeing the educational programs and business operations of the district;
- Exercising fiscal authority;
- Long range planning and goal setting for education programs in the district;
- Approving curriculum in accordance with state law;
- Representing the public as the employer of school personnel in any collective bargaining process;
When parents and teachers join together in PTA, they can become better informed, better organized and more effective partners in working with school boards to achieve quality public education. Make your vote count!
For more information on school board elections visit www.delawarepta.org