We are excited to tell you that DPTA will be awarding grants to local units that are in good standing (up to $500 per unit). The total amount that will be granted for the 2016-17 school year is $5,000.
Why?? DPTA wants to support units that are promoting PTA programs. These programs are:
- Student and School Success (Family Engagement) (e.g., school events for families, advocacy)
- Health and Safety (e.g., after-prom, walk-a-thons)
- Arts in Education (e.g., Reflections, after school art program)
Not sure what these programs are? Information is at the top of the application. Or log onto the National PTA Back-to-School kit (http://www.ptakit.org/) and look under the Programs tab. If this is your first time on the website, you will need to create an id and password.
Who?? Grants will be award to local units that are in good standing. To be considered in good standing, a unit must have provided DPTA with the following:
- Payment of monthly dues
- Audit report for 2015-16 school year
- Proof of filing of tax return for 2015-16 school year
- Proof of insurance (declaration page)
If your unit has not yet provided these documents to DPTA, do not fret! Just make sure all documents are submitted prior to the deadline. They can be emailed to your Region VP or to Terri Carpe, DPTA Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mailed to Delaware PTA, 925 Bear Corbitt Road, Bear, DE 19701. All documents must be received (post marked) by the deadline.
When?? First deadline is 12/15/16. All applications received by this date from units in good standing will be reviewed by the DPTA Finance Committee. Decisions will be communicated by 1/15/17. If there are funds still available after this initial deadline, a second round of applications will be accepted starting 3/15/17, with decisions communicated by 4/15/17. Once the $5,000 for this school year is dispersed, there will be no additional grants available until the fall of 2017.
How?? This link will take you directly to the application:
- Once all the information has been completed, hit the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom of the page. (If information is missing, you will be notified by DPTA and given until the due date to provide the information directly to DPTA. Applications cannot be amended by the units once submitted.)
- You will be directed to a Sign In screen. If you have a Cheddar Up account already, you can sign in. Otherwise hit the ‘Continue as Guest’ button.
- If you proceeded as a Guest, you will be asked to input your name and email address. This does not create a Cheddar Up account.
- You will receive a screen that says ‘Done! Wasn’t that easy?’ You can close your window once you see that screen.
- Shortly after receiving the ‘Done’ screen, you should receive a confirmation email from Cheddar Up.
Questions? Contact Terri Carpe, DPTA Treasurer, email@example.com or your Region VP.