Membership Outreach: It is the mission of the membership outreach committee to promote membership in PTA through the recruitment and retention of PTA members and demonstrating the value of PTA. Duties include:
1. Attend committee meetings or participate in committee calls
2. Provide input/suggestions to expand/ improve services and add value to membership.
3. Provide input/suggestions on how to increase membership to further support DPTA initiatives.
4. Work with Region VPs, DPTA Executive Committee, and local unit leadership in assisting units with membership issues or initiatives.
5. When attending a state, regional, or local meeting, support and promote membership involvement.
6. Be able to answer questions regarding Delaware PTA’s mission, objectives and structure; Address
questions and provide information regarding membership (e.g. questions relating to dues)
7. Actively recruit new members and promote and encourage participation in Delaware PTA.
8. Follow up with any potential members you contact to address questions, provide additional
information, and help facilitate their joining DPTA.
9. In your region, reach out to those units that are no longer active to determine why and
encourage them to rejoin PTA.
10. Assess membership needs through instruments such as surveys and questionnaires or other
methods suggested by the Board, and communicate the members needs to the Board.